MFT Stamps April Release Countdown Day 1





Hello, Crafty Friends! I am so excited! The MFT April Release will arrive tomorrow at 10:00 am EST! And you are in for a treat! This release is packed full of fun and amazing products. 

Today I have a fun rocker baby card to share with you featuring the new Better Together. Isn't this the sweetest scene with all of these adorable animals?


I stamped the adorable images onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and gel pens. I used the coordinating Better Together Die-namics to cut them out. 

COPIC COLORS
Elephant: C00/0/1/3
Zebra: N0/1/3/5/7
Giraffe: E50 YR20/21/24, YR24 E33 (Spots)
Lion: E50 YR20/21/24 E33
Alligator: YG01/03/17
Turtle: YG01/03/17, E31/55, YG01/03
Birds: C1
Boat: E30/31/55
Rainbow: R22/24/29, Y11/13/15/19, YG01/03/17, B0000/000/00/02/05


I decided to have some fun with the card and make it into a rocker card. I used the A2 Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics to diecut a large circle out of Smooth White cardstock. I used the next smaller sized circle die to diecut a circle out of Lazy Day cardstock and vellum. 

I scored and folded the white circle in half to make my rocker card base. I used one of the Mini Slimline Outside the Box Waves Die-namics to partially diecut the wavy edge onto the blue and vellum circles. In order to hide my white cardbase, I made sure to align the bottom-most edge of the waves die above the midline of the blue circle. I repeated the same process for the vellum circle, this time aligning the wave die slightly below the level (or height) of the blue circle. I used the colored boat image to gauge and make sure that the vellum wave (water level) would be above the bottom of my boat. 

I stamped a sentiment from the set with MFT Extreme Black Ink onto the vellum circle. I adhered the circles and colored images with liquid adhesive. I used a piece of acetate to “float” the rainbow and clouds above the boat image. 

Here is a quick video to show the card in action.

The MFT Stamps March Release will arrive on Tuesday, April 12 at 10:00 am EST. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more sneak peek inspirations!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my rocker card. I'll be back tomorrow to share more sneak peeks. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments