MFT Stamps May Vault Release Countdown Day 1

 




Hello, Crafty Friends! Today is the MFT May Vault Release Countdown Day 1! Some popular products are coming out of retirement and will be available tomorrow Tuesday, May 17 at 10:00 am EDT.

Today, I am sharing three fun cards featuring the Zipper Die-namics and the Happily Ever After stamp set. This was such a fun die to play with and the card designs are endless! It's college acceptance and graduation season, so I created some cards for the occasion.


For the first card, I created a graduation gown. I diecut all of the necessary parts of the Zipper Die-namics out of Black Licorice cardstock. It was difficult to photograph, but I trimmed the gown pieces and cut an extra layer of the shoulder and center part of the gown and stacked a second layer for some dimension and interest. I assembled the pieces as shown with liquid adhesive.

For the sentiment, I stamped and white heat embossed a sentiment from the Happily Ever After onto a piece of vellum. I diecut the necessary letters with the Essential Alphabet Die-namics and Lemon Drop card stock before adhering them to the vellum with liquid adhesive. I strategically added adhesive to the back of the vellum at the location of the diecuts and adhered the vellum strip to the front of the panel. I wrapped the sides of the vellum to the back of the panel and adhered with some strong tape. 

Finally, I adhered the entire gown to the front of a Smooth White card base (4.25" x 5.5").


For the second card, I created a hoodie with some school spirit that can be used to congratulate a college acceptance, graduation or even just a school related accomplishment. I diecut all of the necessary parts of the Zipper Die-namics out of Smooth White, Lazy Day, Lemon Drop and Cement Gray card stock. I assembled the pieces as shown with liquid adhesive. I also diecut the necessary letters with the Connected Alphabet Die-namics and Lemon Drop cardstock to spell out the school name   

I decided to add some drawstrings to the hoodie for some added interest and realism. I used a hole puncher to create two holes. I diecut two hole reinforcements from the Do-It-All Gift Tag Die-namics and Cement Gray cardstock and adhered them over the holes. I added a piece of string from my stash through the holes and secured it to the back of the panel with some strong tape. 

For the sentiment, I stamped and white heat embossed a sentiment from the Happily Ever After onto a piece of Black Licorice card stock before trimming it out with the Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I adhered it to the front of the panel with some foam tape. 

Finally, I adhered the entire gown to the front of a Smooth White card base (4.25" x 5.5").


My third card was created in the same manner as the second card using Smooth White, Wild Cherry, Butterscotch, Gravel Gray and Black Licorice  cardstock. I diecut and assembled them in the same manner before adhering the gown to the front of a Smooth White card base (4.25" x 5.5").



The MFT Stamps May Vault Release will arrive on Tuesday, May 17 at 10:00 am EDT. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more vault release inspirations!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards. I'll be back tomorrow to share more creations from this release. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments