MFT Stamps June Release Countdown Day 2

 


Hello, Crafty Friends! Today is Day 2 of the MFT June Release Countdown! Only 2 more days until the big release! 

My sneak peek today is a fun rocker card featuring the adorable images from the new Best Beach Friends set and Every Flavor of Happy stamp set.

I decided to have some fun with the card and make it into a rocker card. I used the A2 Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics to diecut the circles I used the largest circle to diecut a full circle out of Smooth White cardstock and a half circle out of Lazy Day cardstock. I used the second and third largest  circle die to diecut half circles out of Smooth White cardstock. 

In order to create a sandy beach scene, I ink blended Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide inks onto the smallest white half circle that I diecut. I set that aside to dry as I worked on the rest of the card.


I stamped the images onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the image with Copic markers and highlighted gel pens. I used the coordinating Best Beach Friends Die-namics to cut them out. 

I also used the cat dies to diecut a set out of craft foam to adhere to the back of my colored images for some dimension. I find this method a bit easier (than trying to cut slivers of foam tape) when the image or diecut has very thin areas like the tails or fishing pole in this case. 

COPIC COLORS
Cats: C00/1/3, R00
Yellow: Y13/15/19
Red: R05/24/27/29
Blue: B21/24
White: C00/1
Gray: C5

I stamped a sentiment from the Every Flavor of Happy with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of Licorice Black cardstock, added white embossing powder and heat embossed. I used one of the sentiment strip dies from the Blueprint 27 Die-namics to cut out the sentiment and trimmed the ends off with a pair of scissors.


To assemble the rocker card, I scored and folded the full white circle in half to make my rocker card base. I adhered the Lazy Day, Smooth White and "sand" colored layers of half circles onto the front of the card base as shown in the picture.

Liquid adhesive was used to adhere the circles and colored images. I adhered the craft foam layers to my colored cat images prior to adding them to the scene. Foam tape was used behind the sentiment strip for some added interest. 

Here is a quick video to show the card in action.



The MFT Stamps May Release will arrive on Tuesday, June 7 at 10:00 am EDT. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more sneak peek inspirations!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my rocker card. I'll be back tomorrow to share more sneak peeks. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments