MFT Stamps July Vault Release Countdown Day 1

 


Hello, Crafty Friends! It's the last day of the MFT July Vault Release Countdown! This awesome birthday themed vault will open tomorrow morning, July 19 at 10:00 am EDT! 🎉

I have a fun birthday card to share with you today featuring the Celebrate Speech Bubble Die-namics, Looped Border Die-namics, and Oval Shadows Die-namics, which are all from the vault., and my favorite mice from Mice Day to Celebrate!

I stamped the images from the Mice Day to Celebrate onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. I fussy cut out the images since I didn't have the coordinating Mice Day to Celebrate Die-namics to cut them out with. 

COPIC COLORS
Mice: E50/51/53/55, R000/00, C7
Teal: BG000/11/23



The center of attention on this card is this beautiful Celebrate Speech Bubble Die-namics. It is hard to see in the picture but for some dimension, I diecut this four times. Once out of Lemon Drop and three times out of white cardstock. I used liquid adhesive to adhere the layers together. 

From time to time, I struggle with coloring images of streamers and confetti. The images are usually really small and even difficult to color at times. And other times, the stamped lines are so overwhelming compared to the area to color that my coloring just isn't impactful enough to stand out. I made the discovery that the Looped Border Die-namics make the perfect streamers for any birthday or celebratory card! They can be diecut out of colored cardstock, as I have done so here with Lemon Drop and Summer Splash cardstock, or they can be cut out to white cardstock and colored to match your colored images perfectly. And there's no need to stay inside the line when you color! Bonus! After I diecut the Looped Border, I used scissors to cut them down to shorter segments and added some highlights with a white gel pen.

For some realism, I also diecut some shadows for the mice out of Cement Gray cardstock with the Oval Shadow Die-namics. 

For the background, I adhered a piece of Smooth White cardstock (4.5" x 6.5") to a piece of Summer Splash cardstock (5" x 7") before adhering them both to a Smooth White cardbase (5" x 7"). Finally, I adhered all of the elements to the card front, as shown in the picture, with liquid adhesive.



The MFT Stamps July Vault Release will arrive on Tuesday, July 19 at 10:00 am EDT. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more vault release inspirations!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. I'll be back tomorrow to share more sneak peeks. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments