MFT Stamps August Release Countdown Day 1

 


Hello, Crafty Friends! WooHoo! Only one more day left until the August Release! The Release will arrive tomorrow, Tuesday, August 16 at 10:00 am EDT!

I have a fun little boxcard to share with you today featuring some awesome new products from the soon to be released To the Rescue set and Outside the Box Cityscape Die-namics. This is set is so perfect for a superhero themed birthday or just to let someone know that they are your hero. And the new Cityscape die is going to be so much fun to play with to make different scenes!

I stamped the images onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. I used the coordinating To the Rescue Die-namics to cut them out. While I had the dies out, I also diecut some of the clouds, stars and starbursts out of Smooth White and Lemon Drop cardstock. 



COPIC COLORS
Dogs: E50/51/53/33
Red: R22/05/24/29
Blue: B21/24/26

In order to create a more animated comic book like feel to the scene, I used a the Balloon Alphabet and Numbers Die-namics, the smallest alphabet dies in my stash, to diecut letters to spell out BAM, POW and YAY in Black Licorice cardstock. 


For the boxcard scene, I diecut the two layers of the new Outside the Box Cityscape Die-namics out of Gravel Gray and Eiffel Tower cardstock to give a slight sense of dimension with the darker color in the background. I wanted to fill in the windows of the buildings so I diecut a second set of the Cityscape Die-namics out of a white cardstock but this time, I added Scotch tape to the backside of the cardstock before removing it from the die in order to keep all of the small cuts intact. I adhered that to the back of the gray layer with liquid adhesive.  Smooth White, Sno Cone and Cornflower cardstock were used with the Outside the Box Die-namicsOutside the Box Low Profile Add-On Die-namics, and Outside the Box Snow Drifts Die-namics to diecut the remainder of the necessary parts for the boxcard. 

I stamped a sentiment from the set onto a piece of Smooth White cardstock, which was then diecut with one of the dies from the Outside the Box Low Profile Add-On Dienamics.

I assembled all of the parts with liquid adhesive. I added the clouds to the back panel.  Acetate strips were used to adhere the dogs and starbursts while adhering them to the box to create the illusion of them flying or floating midair.


The MFT Stamps August Release will arrive on Tuesday, August 16 at 10:00 am EDT. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more sneak peek inspirations!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my boxcard. I'll be back tomorrow to share more sneak peeks. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments