STAMPtember Collaboration with MFT Stamps: "Owl-ways My Favorite"

 



Hello Friends! All month long, Simon Says Stamp has been offering limited edition collaboration stamp sets to celebrate the stamping/crafting industry. Today's set is a collaboration with My Favorite Things Stamps, one of my favorite companies in the industry! This limited edition stamp set called "Owl-ways My Favorite", was designed by MFT for Simon Says Stamp. It is available to purchase at Simon Says Stamp but only while quantities are available. Once it sells out, it is gone!

 




I am so excited that I got to join in on the  STAMPtember celebration. I had so much fun playing with this stamp set that I ended up creating two birthday cards! Are you team pink or are you team blue when it comes to making cards? I love them both!

I stamped the images from the Owl-ways My Favorite onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Tsukineko Memento ink. I used Rich Cocoa Memento ink for a softer look on the pink card and Tuxedo Black Memento ink for a more vivid look on the blue card. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. There is a coordinating die set for this stamp set (also available while supplies last) but I didn't have it so I fussy cut out the images. This was actually pretty easy and quick to do.

COPIC COLORS:
Owls: YR30 E30/31/33/35 (+ E37 on blue card), YR21, R20
Branches: E51/53/55/57, YG01/03
Hearts: R22/24


For the first card, I took a piece of Smooth White cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") and ink blended with Spun Sugar and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide inks. I set that aside to dry as I worked on the rest of the card.

I used the second largest of the MFT A2 Rectangle Frames Die-namics to diecut a frame out of Smooth White cardstock. 


For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated Black Licorice cardstock. White embossing powder was added before I heat set to emboss. I trimmed the sentiment into two segments. 

I adhered the white frame, branches and hearts onto the ink blended panel with liquid adhesive. then I adhered the sentiment strips and the remaining colored images with foam tape for some interest and dimension. 



Finally, I adhered the panel onto a top folding Smooth White cardbase (4.25" x 5.5"). I finished the card with a few sparkling clear sequins.



My second card was created in a similar manner with a few minor changes. The background was ink blended with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink. 



For the sentiment, I stamped part of one of the sentiments from the set directly onto the dried ink blended panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped it three times to make sure that it was dark enough. Then I die cut the necessary letters to spell HOOT with the MFT Connected Die-namics and Black Licorice cardstock. I added a bit of highlight with a white gel pen.

I adhered all frame and all of the colored images directly onto the panel with liquid adhesive. As with the first card, I adhered the panel onto a top-folding Smooth White cardbase (4.25" x 5.5") and finished with some sparkling clear sequins. 


Be sure to check out this adorable stamp set with coordinating dies HERE or just the stamp set alone HERE at Simon Says Stamp. Hurry if you want this set! There's a limited number of sets available and once they sell out, they will be gone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments