MFT Stamps November Release


Hello, Crafty Friends! WooHoo! The MFT November Release is here! This fun-filled and amazing releases now available to purchase! Be sure to visit the MFT Shop and blog for more details and inspirations.

Today I have a super clean and simple card to share with you featuring the absolutely adorable penguin from the new YUZU Playful Penguins set, beautifully illustrated by Yan Au. This has got to be my favorite set of this release! I just can't get enough of these super cute penguins!

I stamped the image onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I'll let you in on a little secret ... this looks like mirror stamping but it actually is not. I actually used a second generation stamping technique. Because the image is symmetrical (with the exception of the tail), I was able to use the actual stamp to make the reflection. I stamped the original image with full ink. Then, I turned my paper around, swiped the ink off of the tail part of the image, and stamped it a second time (without re-inking the stamp) for a second generation stamping for the reflection. I lightly hand drew in the tail on the reflection image with a pencil. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. 

COPIC COLORS
Penguin: T0, T3/5/7, Y38 YR04, R00/20
Reflection: T0/3/5, YR02, R00


I masked off the top half of the panel with masking tape and very lightly ink blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide. Then I masked off the bottom part of the panel and the penguin (using a mask I created with masking paper) and ink blended the sky with Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide inks. Once dried, I added some snow with a white gel pen.

For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Bitty Holiday Wishes with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated Red Hot cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The Blueprints 27 Die-namics set was used to diecut the sentiment, which was then adhered to the panel with foam tape. 

I trimmed 3/8" off of all sides of the panel to remove any heavy ink blended edges. I matted the panel with a layer of Smooth White and Red Hot cardstock. Finally, I adhered the panel onto a Smooth White cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").


The MFT Stamps November Release is now available! Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more release inspirations!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card.  Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments