MFT Stamps Mixtape Card Kit Preview


Hello Crafty Friends! There is an awesome new MFT Stamps Mixtape Card Kit on its way! It's a super fun and unique one that has all of the retro vibes and will transport you back to the 80s and the era of cassette tapes and portable cassette tape players. The Mixtape Card Kit will arrive on Tuesday, January 3 at 10:00 am EST!

The Mixtape Card Kit will include the following products:
Mixtape Sentiments Stamp Set
Take Shape Stamp Set
Cassette Tape Die-namics
Card Stock –  Frosted Black Vellum (1), Brushed Silver (1), Clear Acetate (1), Heavyweight Vellum (1), Smooth White (1), Ripe Raspberry (1), Orange Zest (1), Lemon Drop (1), Limelight (1), Summer Splash (1), Cornflower (1), Boysenberry (1), Cement Gray (1), Black Licorice (1)
Pencil inscribed with 'Our Playlist Is My Favorite <3 MFT
Neon LED Shutter Glasses
Playlist Poster
Available Separately:
Mixtape Messages Stamp Set
Portable Jams Die-namics

Today I have two fun and super clean and simple cards to share with you featuring elements from the Card Kit. I just love this cute little cassette tape! Perhaps I'm dating myself but this kit and all of the cassette tape themed elements bring back so many memories of my beloved Sony Walkman and the start of my love for 80s music.

For my first card, I diecut the parts of the Cassette Tape Die-namics out of Smooth White, Summer Splash, Cornflower and Black Licorice cardstock. I used the Mixtape Sentiments Stamp set to stamp the sentiment and elements onto the white tape label. I assembled the tape with liquid adhesive.


For the secondary sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Mixtape Messages Stamps set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated Black Licorice cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with one of the dies from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics

For the background, I chose the heart-shaped unraveled tape image from the Mixtape Sentiments to stamp onto a piece of Smooth White cardstock with MFT Premium Extreme Black ink. I used the largest A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2 Die-namics to trim the edge of the panel. 


I adhered the cassette tape and sentiment strip to the panel with foam tape for a bit of dimension. I adhered the panel onto a piece of Cornflower cardstock. Finally, I adhered the whole panel to a top folding Smooth White cardbase (4.25" x 5.5") and finished the card with some sparkling clear sequins.


My second card was retro birthday card made in the same manner but using the combo of Smooth White, Ripe Raspberry, Limelight and Black Licorice cardstock instead. I selected the Happy sentiment from the Mixtape Sentiments for the tape label.


For the secondary sentiment, I white heat embossed another one of the sentiments from the Mixtape Messages Stamps set onto a piece of black cardstock.

For the background, I chose the birthday-shaped unraveled tape image from the Mixtape Sentiments to stamp onto a piece of Smooth White cardstock with MFT Premium Extreme Black ink. I used the largest A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2 Die-namics to trim the edge of the panel. 


Once again, I adhered the cassette tape and sentiment strip to the panel with foam tape for a bit of dimension. I adhered the panel onto a piece of Limelight cardstock. Finally, I adhered the whole panel to a top folding Smooth White cardbase (4.25" x 5.5") and finished the card with some sparkling clear sequins.


The MFT Stamps Mixtape Card Kit will arrive on Tuesday, January 3 at 10:00 am EST. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more card kit inspirations!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards. I'll be back tomorrow to share more creations from this release. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments