MFT Stamps Mixtape Card Kit Release


Hello Crafty Friends! The new My Favorite Things Stamps Mixtape Card Kit is now available! It's super fun and filled with retro music and cassette tape themed products! Be sure to head over to the MFT Shop and blog to check out the new products and for more inspirations!

I have two more fun birthday cards to share with you featuring elements from the Card Kit. It has been so much fun playing with this kit! It has brought back so many good memories of the past! 

My first card is a slimline card that features three of the many ways that you can decorate these cassette tapes! This Kit makes it so easy and fun to create a custom card with the recipient’s favorite color, style or sentiment! 


For the first tape, I diecut the parts of the Cassette Tape Die-namics out of Smooth White, Ripe Raspberry, Limelight and Black Licorice cardstock. I used the Mixtape Sentiments to stamp the sentiment and elements onto the white tape label. 

For the second tape, I diecut the parts of the Cassette Tape Die-namics out of Smooth White, Lemon Drop, Orange Zest, Ripe Raspberry, Limelight, Cornflower and Black Licorice cardstock. I used a segment of one of the sentiments from the Mixtape Messages stamp set to stamp the sentiment onto the white tape label. For the rainbow stripes, I used a paper trimmer to cut thin 1/8" strips of cardstock which I then adhered to a piece of Scotch tape in rainbow order before trimming it out with the cassette tape die. I assembled the tape with liquid adhesive.

For the third tape, I diecut the parts of the Cassette Tape Die-namics out of Smooth White, Cornflower and Black Licorice cardstock. I used the Take Shape and  Mixtape Sentiments  stamp sets to stamp the sentiment and elements onto the white tape label with Lemon Drop, Ripe Raspberry, Limelight, Cornflower and Extreme Black MFT Premium inks. 


I stamped one of the sentiments from the Mixtape Messages stamp set onto a piece of Smooth White cardstock (3.5" x 8.25") with MFT Premium Extreme Black ink.

I adhered the cassette tapes to the panel with liquid adhesive. I adhered the panel onto a piece of Black Licorice cardstock. Finally, I adhered the whole panel to a top folding Smooth White cardbase (3.75" x 8.5")


My second card was retro birthday card made in the same manner but with the addition of a portable cassette player. Aren’t these tapes and players just the cutest? 


For the portable cassette tape player, I diecut the   parts of the Portable Jams Die-namics out of Smooth White,  Cement Gray and Black Licorice cardstock. I assembled the parts with liquid adhesive.  

For the cassette tapes, I created them in the same manner as above, diecutting the parts of the Cassette Tape Die-namics out of Smooth White, Lemon Drop, Orange Zest, Ripe Raspberry, Limelight, Cornflower and Black Licorice cardstock. I used the Mixtape Sentiments and segments of sentiments from the Mixtape Messages stamp sets to stamp the sentiment and elements onto the white tape label. 


For the background, I chose the birthday-shaped unraveled tape image from the Mixtape Sentiments to stamp onto a piece of Smooth White cardstock (4.75” x 6.75”) with MFT Premium Extreme Black ink. I also decorated the background by stamping elements from the Take Shape stamp set wit Limelight and Cornflower MFT Premium ink. 

I adhered the cassette tape player to the panel with liquid adhesive and the cassette tape with foam tape. I adhered the panel onto a piece of Cornflower cardstock. Finally, I adhered the whole panel to a top folding Smooth White cardbase (5” x 7”).


The MFT Stamps Mixtape Card Kit is now available. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more card kit inspirations from my fellow DT!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card.  Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments