MFT Stamps Serenity Now Card Kit

 




Hello Crafty Friends! The new My Favorite Things Stamps Serenity Now Card Kit is now available! It's super fun and filled with relaxing bathroom, spa and massage themed products! Be sure to head over to the MFT Shop and blog to check out the new products and for more inspirations!

I have one more fun card to share with you featuring elements from the Card Kit. My card today features the Bubble Bath Die-namics, Serenity Now Die-namics, and the Time to Unwind Stamp set from the Card KIt. I also used the Bathroom Basics Die-namics, Dry Bar Die-namics, and the Grid stencil that are all now available for purchase separately. 

It has been so much fun playing with this kit and there are so many adorable elements that I decided to make a gatefold card today in order to have enough space to create a larger scene.

Have you ever made a gatefold card? Let's take a look at this design. I love that the unassuming front (or outside) of the card is a clean and simple hint of the scene that is to be revealed on the inside. I created a belly band to help keep the card folded for mailing and delivery as well as to hide the surprise scene inside.


And once the recipient removes the belly band, a full large space is revealed. I love that this space is so big ... twice the size of a standard top folding A2 card to be exact! This meant that I had twice the space to fit all of the fun elements of my scene.


First, I took a piece of Smooth White cardstock (8.5" x 5.5") and masked off the bottom 1.25" with tape. I used the Grid stencil and some MFT Sno Cone Premium Dye ink to lightly blend a subtle background across the entire exposed panel. Because the panel was so wide, I started on the left edge of the panel and did have to lift my stencil midway and shift the stencil to the right in order to get the right portion of the panel. Luckily, this pattern was really easy to align the stencil once you lifted it.

Once I finished what would have been the inside panel, I flipped the panel over to what would be the outside of the card. I masked off the same bottom 1.25" as well as the right 6.25" of the panel (leaving only the left 2.25" edge of the panel exposed. I ink blended with the stencil in the same manner as the inside.

Once the ink was dry, I scored the panel from the side with inking only on the left at 2 1/8" and 6 1/8". I stamped the top of the inside panel (the fully inked side) with one of the sentiments from the Time to Unwind Stamp set with MFT Extreme Black ink. I also stamped another sentiment from the set onto a piece of Summer Splash cardstock (0.75" x 11") for my belly band.


I diecut all of the necessary parts of the Bubble Bath Die-namics, Serenity Now Die-namics, Bathroom Basics Die-namics and Dry Bar Die-namics out of Smooth White, Lemon Drop, Limelight, Sno Cone, Summer Splash, Kraft and Black Licorice cardstock.  I assembled all of the parts with liquid adhesive and added some highlights with a white gel pen.


I adhered all of the elements onto the inside and outside of the card as shown in the pictures with liquid adhesive. I did pop up the tub on the outside of the card with some foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. I finished the card with some sparkling clear confetti sequins.

Lastly, I wrapped the belly band around the outside of the card, folding it lightly to adapt but not restrict the band from being able to slip off. I secured the back of the band with some strong double sided tape.


The MFT Stamps Serenity Now Card Kit is now available. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more card kit inspirations from my fellow DT!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card.  Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments