MFT Stamps At The Movies Card Kit Countdown Day 1


Hello Crafty Friends! "You had me at Hello." Can you remember which famous movie this line is from? 

It's Day 1 of the MFT Stamps At The Movies Card Kit Release Countdown!  I'm loving the variety of scenes and cards that can be created with this fun Card Kit! Today I'm sharing a romantic scene from a drive-in theater. 

Tomorrow is the big day! The At The Movies Card Kit will arrive on Tuesday, March 28 at 10:00 am EDT!


First, I diecut all of the necessary parts for the Movie Screen Die-namics, Rear View Die-namics, and Landscape Die-namics out of Smooth White, Lemon Drop, Wild Cherry, Prickly Pear, Silver Shine and Black Licorice cardstock. Next, I diecut the Heads Up Die-namics out of Smooth White cardstock. I colored the bushes and hair with Copic markers (YG91, E35/37/39).

For the movie screen, I stamped one of the images from the At The Movies - Romance stamp set with MFT Extreme Black ink onto the white screen. I also stamped a heart image from MSTN Cool Christmas Greetings stamp set with MFT Red Hot ink.


For the background, I took a piece of Smooth White cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") and ink blended the sky with Tumbled Glass, Prize Ribbon and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide inks. Once dried, I trimmed 3/8" off the edges of the panel. I used a white gel pen to add some stars to the night sky. 

I adhered a piece of Cement Gray cardstock to the bottom portion of the panel to represent the paved parking lot.

adhered the movie screen and bushes directly onto the panel with liquid adhesive. I assembled the car and its passengers with liquid adhesive and adhered it to the panel with foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. 

For the sentiment, I stamped  one of the sentiments from the At The Movies - Romance stamp set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated Black Licorice cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with one of the dies from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I also adhered the sentiment to the panel with foam tape for a bit of dimension. 

Finally, I adhered a piece of craft foam to the back of the panel before adhering the panel to a Smooth White card base (4.25" x 5.5").


The MFT Stamps At The Movies Card Kit will arrive on tomorrow Tuesday, March 28 at 10:00 am EDT. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more card kit inspirations!


As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my boxcard. I'll be back tomorrow to share more creations from this fun card kit. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Comments