Waffle Flower Grip Mat Launch Party

 

Hello Crafty Friends! Waffle Flower Craft is hosting a Grip Mat Launch Party today. I was kindly gifted the new Grip Mats and have been playing with them for the last few weeks. I absolutely  love them! 

The folks at Waffle Flower must have been watching me craft and recognized what I was struggling with and in need of because I didn’t even realize how much a needed these amazing Grip Mats! I have been using them to hold down my cardstock for stenciling and ink blending. No tape needed! And I just LOVE how they secure my cardstock and diecuts in my stamping tool so that I don't have to rely on the magnet to hold them in place. 

These Waffle Flower Grip Mats come in 6 different sizes. The 6.5” x 8.5” one is my favorite because it fits perfectly into my Original MISTI and it comes with alignment guides that fit all 3 card sizes that I create the most (A2 4.25”x5.5”, A7 5”x7” and square 5.5”x5.5”).

Be sure to stop by the Waffle Flower website for more details on these fantastic Grip Mats!

I have three cards to share with you today featuring the Waffle Flower Pop-up Butterflies Panel Die and the coordinating Duo-tone Butterfly Stencils. The Grip Mats made this card making session a breeze. 


First, I used the Pop-up Butterflies Cover Die to diecut a piece of white cardstock (4.25" x 5.5"). I secured that onto my Grip Mat and placed the first of the two Duo-tone Butterfly stencil on top using the diecut lines to align the stencil. I ink blended with Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks. Then, I carefully lifted the stencil while leaving the panel intact. I placed the second of the two stencil on top of the panel and repeated the ink blending process. I set the panel aside to allow it to dry.


For the sentiment, I stamped of one of the sentiments from the WF Happy Birthday Duo Sentiment set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated black cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with the coordinating Happy Birthday Duo Matching Dies. 


I trimmed 1/8" off the edges of the butterfly panel. I adhered the sentiment onto the butterfly panel with foam tape for a bit of dimension. I popped some of the butterfly wings up for extra fun and interest. 


The panel was adhered to a piece of green cardstock. Finally, I adhered the panels to a white cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").


My second card was created in the same manner using Tumbled Glass and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide inks for the butterflies. 


For the sentiment, I stamped of one of the sentiments from the WF Fluttering By Sentiments Stamp set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated black cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with the coordinating Fluttering By Matching Dies.


My third card was created in the same manner using Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Ripe Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide inks for the butterflies. The sentiment was another sentiment from the WF Fluttering By Sentiments Stamp set.


Be sure to stop by the Waffle Flower for more details on these awesome Grip Mats!

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards.  Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations and to enter the Grip Mats GIVEAWAY. Comment by July 30th for a chance at winning an A2 size Grip Mat of your own to try out. 

I want to send a HUGE thank you to Waffle Flower for sending me these amazing Grip Mats to try out and for giving me this opportunity to host the giveaway.

Comments