Sunny Studio: Passionate Penguins & Floating By Birthday Cards

 

Hello, Crafty Friends! I absolutely LOVE penguins! And it has been a while since I have had a chance to sit down and play with any of my penguin stamps. I was in desperate need of some penguin therapy and a couple of birthday cards. So the best solution that I could come up with: penguin birthday cards! 

I had SO much fun creating these super clean and simple birthday cards featuring the ADORABLE Sunny Studio Passionate Penguins, Floating By balloons and sentiments from the Big Bold Greetings. Aren't these penguins just the cutest?! 

I decided to also step out of my normal comfort zone today and create these as one layer cards. 

For my first card, I stamped the penguin and balloon images from the Sunny Studio Passionate Penguins and Floating By sets onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock (5" x 7") with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also stamped the images onto a piece of masking paper and fussy cut them out. NOTE: for the bouquet of balloons, I only cut out the mask for the actual balloons, not the strings so that I could still see the background behind the strings.

I masked off the stamped images as well as a border around the edges of the panel with masking tape. I created a cloudy background with the MFT Mini Cloud Edges stencil and some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide. Once the ink was dried, I placed my panel back into my MISTI stamping tool where I had left the balloon stamp in place. I restamped the balloon strings to darken them since they were ink blended over. 

I removed all of the masks. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. 

COPIC COLORS:
Penguins: T3/5/7, W0, Y38 YR04
Balloons: R22/24/29/39


For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Sunny Studio Big Bold Greetings stamp set directly onto the panel with MFT Extreme Black ink. I just love the beautiful font from this set! I added some highlights with a white gel pen.

Finally, I adhered the panel to a white card base (5" x 7"). 


For my second card, I took advantage of the fact that I took time to align all of my stamps and stamped out a second panel of images as I made the first card. I ink blended the background in the same manner but this time with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink. 

The Copic coloring was also the same except for the balloons. 

COPIC COLORS:
Penguins: T3/5/7, W0, Y38 YR04
Balloons: RV10/21/13/14/29


For the sentiment, I stamped out a different sentiment from the Sunny Studio Big Bold Greetings stamp set directly onto the panel with MFT Extreme Black ink.

Once again, I adhered the panel to a white card base (5" x 7"). 


I hope you liked my penguin birthday cards. The designs were similar but I think the outcome was so different because of the colors. Which one do you like better? Are you Team RED (with the blue clouds) or Team PINK?

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Hanh

Comments