MFT Stamps September Release Day: Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed

 

Hello, Crafty Friends! WooHoo! The MFT September Release is here! This fun-filled and amazing release is now available for purchase! Be sure to visit the MFT Shop and blog for more details and inspirations. 

Hi, There! Today, I have a clean and simple card to share with you featuring these super cute friends from the new Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed set. Aren't they just adorable?! 

The awesome thing about this set is that there are two sets of dies for the leaves. One set to coordinate with the stamped images and the other set with a debossed vein in the center of the leaves. Confession: I struggle sometimes with lining up the dies correctly on the small stamped images. I really wanted some fall leaves for this card and the stand-alone dies for the leaves were just perfect! I diecut the leaves out of white cardstock and colored them just like the stamped images. 

I stamped the images from the Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed stamp set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. I used the coordinating Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed Die-namics to cut them out.


COPIC COLORS: 
Squirrels: E50/51/53/33, R20
Owl: E43/44/47, W0, R20
Acorns: E000/21/23, E23/27
Branch: E23/25/27, YG01/03/17
Leaves: Y38 YR04/09, Y17/38 YR04


For the background, I used a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") and some Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters Distress Oxide ink to ink blend a subtle background. 

I took another piece of white cardstock and trimmed it with the third smallest of the A2 Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics. I adhered all of the colored images onto and behind the panel. I adhered this panel to the ink blended panel with some foam tape.

For the sentiment, I stamped of one of the sentiments from the set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated Black Licorice cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with one of the dies from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I adhered the sentiment to the panel with some foam tape.

Finally, I adhered the panel to a Smooth White cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").


As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. I'll be back tomorrow to share more from this amazing release. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have an amazing day!

Hanh

Comments