Simon Says Stamp + MFT Stamps STAMPtember 2023 Exclusive Collaboration: Sweet Safari

 


Hello Friends! All month long, Simon Says Stamp has been offering limited edition collaboration stamp sets to celebrate the stamping/crafting industry. This year's Simon Says Stamp and My Favorite Things Stamps Exclusive Collaboration is a limited edition stamp set called Sweet Safari. It was designed by MFT for Simon Says Stamp exclusively for this event. The set is available to purchase at Simon Says Stamp but only while quantities are available. Once it sells out, it is gone!


Simon Says Stamp was kind enough to invite me to join in the STAMPtember party. I was unable to join on the day that this set released but I didn't want to pass up on the opportunity to celebrate STAMPtember. I created a fun birthday card using several images from this adorable set.

I stamped the images from the Sweet Safari onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Tsukineko Memento ink. I created and used a mask to overlap some of the images. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. There is a coordinating die set for this stamp set (also available while supplies last) but I didn't have it so I fussy cut out the lion image. This was actually pretty easy and quick to do.

COPIC COLORS:
Elephant: W0/1/3/5, R20
Toucan: C0/3/5/7, Y13/08, R22/24/29, YG01/03/17, Y38 YR04
Giraffe: E50 YR20, YR20/21/24, R20, YR21/24/27 (spots)
Hippo: N0/1/3/5, R20
Lion (face): E50 YR20/21/24, R20
Lion (mane): YR20/21/24/27 E17
Lion (body): YR20/21/24
Trees: YG01/03/17, E31/33/37
Grass: YG03 T3


I used the largest die from the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX set 2 Die-namics to diecut the panel. 

For the sentiment, I stamped of one of the sentiments from the set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated Black Licorice cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with one of the dies from the Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I adhered the sentiment and the colored lion image to the panel with some foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. 

I adhered a piece of craft foam to the back of the panel before adhering it to a kraft card base (4.25" x 5.5"). I finished the card with a few sparkling clear sequins. 


Be sure to check out this adorable stamp set with coordinating dies HERE or just the stamp set alone HERE at Simon Says Stamp. Hurry if you want this set! There's a limited number of sets available and once they sell out, they will be gone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Hanh

Comments