MFT Stamps Breast Cancer Awareness Release Spotlight: Jenoblade Bee Strong Shaker Card

 


Hello, Crafty Friends! I'm back with a circle-shaped card featuring elements from the awesome new Breast Cancer Awareness Release. 

I'm Here For You! I thought the fun shaker design would help brighten the day a bit for the recipient. 

I am so in love with the new Jenoblade Bee Strong set that I colored up another one of the many images for today's card. This set is seriously big and has a total of 6 adorable bee images! I think the images are versatile enough to be used for a variety of other occasions ... Valentine's Day, birthday, anniversary just to name a few. 

I stamped the images from the Jenoblade Bee Strong set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. I used the coordinating Jenoblade Bee Strong Die-namics to cut them out.

COPIC COLORS:
Bees: Y00/11/13/08 V12, RV00/02/04, RV02, BG10
Ribbon: RV02/04/06/09

For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the new Breast Wishes Stamp set with MFT Extreme Black ink onto a piece of white cardstock. I fussy cut the sentiment with a pair of sharp scissors. 

For the shaker, I taped the fourth and fifth largest dies from the A2 Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics together in order to diecut some circle frames out of white cardstock. I diecut a total of seven frames since I knew that I had to create a rather deep shaker well since the shaker bits that I wanted to use were quite big. For a regular sequin-filled shaker, five frames would have been more than sufficient. I also used the larger of the two circle dies to diecut two circles out of white cardstock and one circle out of clear acetate. 

I took one of the white circle panels and lightly ink blended with Spun Sugar and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide inks. I set that aside to dry. 

I adhered six of the seven circle frames together with liquid adhesive. Then I adhered them to the inked circle to create the shaker well. I filled the shaker well with my shaker bits. I carefully added some liquid adhesive to the top of the shaker wall and closed off the shaker with the clear acetate circle. Finally, I adhered the last of the circle frames on top of the clear acetate also with liquid adhesive. 

I took the last white circle and scored a line one-half inch from the edge. I placed a strong double-sided tape to the small segment and adhered it to the back of the shaker to create a card base. If you wanted to add a sentiment to the inside, it would be best to stamp that onto the scored circle before adhering it to the shaker.

Finally, I adhered the colored images and sentiment to the top of the acetate window.


The MFT Stamps Breast Cancer Awareness Release is now available. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more product info and inspirations.

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my shaker card. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful day!

Hanh

Comments