Purple Onion Designs: Stacey Yacula Tuxedo, Cleo & Archie and Willow in the Park

 

Hello, Crafty Friends! I am back to Guest Design for Purple Onion Designs and to showcase some products from the new 2023 winter holiday collection by Stacey Yacula called “The Merriest Little City.” 

There's an awesome Holiday Sale going on at Purple Onion Designs right now with 25% OFF rubber stamps (some exclusions apply). Be sure to visit Purple Onion Designs for more info and inspirations from the amazing Design Team.

I have two cards to share with you today. Both feature the adorable skaters from this collection. 

Warm Wishes for a Wonderful Winter! For my first card, I have a sweet winter scene featuring the adorable Tuxedo, Cleo & Archie and Willow ice skating against the Park Background. Aren't these critters just the cutest?


I stamped the critter images onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock (5" x 7") with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped the Cleo & Archie image onto a piece of masking paper and fussy cut it out. I placed the mask onto the stamped image on my panel before stamping the Park Background image onto the panel with Memento London Fog ink. 

I colored the images with Copic markers. 

COPIC COLORS:
Penguin: T3/5/7, W00, Y17/38, R000/30
Bunny: E0000/50/51/53, R000/30
Fox: YR20/21/24/27, E0000/50/41, R000/30
Owl: E70/71/74/77, E40/41/42, E50/51, R000/30
Red Clothing: R22/24/29
Blue Clothing: B0000/000/00/02
Trees: G20/43/2, E41/42
Lamppost: C0/1, Y00
Snow: B0000
Ice/Shadow: BG0000/000


I trimmed 1/8" off of the edges of the panel and adhered the panel to a piece of red cardstock (5" x 7") with liquid adhesive.

For the sentiment, I stamped of one of the sentiments from the Merriest City Sentiment Set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated black cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with one of the dies from the MFT Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I adhered the sentiment to the panel with some foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. 

Finally, I adhered the panel to a white cardbase (5" x 7").


Happy Holidays! If you're at all familiar with my cards, you will notice my love for penguins. And Tuxedo stole my heart! So for my second card was completely dedicated to this adorable penguin so that he can have all of the attention! I did a little mirror stamping to create his reflection for this fun winter scene. 

I stamped the Tuxedo image onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock (4.25" x 5.5") with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I inked up the stamp again and used a second clear mounting stamp to stamp off the image. I pressed my panel up against the second mounting stamp to create the reflection. 

I stamped the the image again onto a piece of masking paper and fussy cut it out.

I colored the images with Copic markers. 

COPIC COLORS:
Penguin: T3/5/7, W00, Y17/38, R000/20
Scarf/ Skates: R22/24/29
Reflection: T1/2/3, W00, Y35, R00, R21/22/24


I placed the mask onto the top penguin (not the reflection) and used some masking tape to mask off the bottom portion of my panel. Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Uncharted  Mariner Distress Oxide inks were used to ink blend an ombre effect onto the background.
Then I used masking tape to mask off the top portion of my panel and lightly ink blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide over the bottom portion of my panel (including the reflection) to represent the ice.


I trimmed 1/4" off of the edges of the panel and adhered the panel to a piece of white and then  a piece of red cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") with liquid adhesive.

For the sentiment, I stamped of one of the sentiments from the Merriest City Sentiment Set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated black cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with one of the dies from the MFT Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I adhered the sentiment to the panel with some foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. 

Finally, I adhered the panel to a white cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").


The Purple Onion Designs Holiday Sale is going now. Be sure to visit Purple Onion Designs for more info and inspirations from the amazing Design Team.

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. I'll be back to share more from this amazing release. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Hanh

Comments