MFT Stamps: Birdie Brown Mice Day to Celebrate Milestone Shaker Birthday Card

 

Hello, Crafty Friends! I wanted to pop in to share a fun shaker card that I made to commemorate a special milestone birthday last week. The card features my favorite partying mice from the Birdie Brown Mice Day to Celebrate set, Pop the Champagne Die-namicsSolid Numbers, and Outline Numbers Die-namics. 

I stamped the images from the BB Mice Day to Celebrate onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I also diecut the parts from the Pop the Champagne Die-namics out a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb, Gold Shine and Black Licorice cardstock. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. I used the coordinating BB Mice Day to Celebrate Die-namics to cut them out with. 

COPIC COLORS
Mice: T0/1/3/5/7, R000/30, T7
Red: R22/24/29
Blue: B21/24/26
Wood Box: E31/34
Champagne Bottle: YG00/01/03/17, E40/41
Cork: E31/35


Next, I used the Solid Number Die-namics to diecut the numbers 2 and 1 out of Cornflower cardstock and some clear acetate. Then, I used the Outline Numbers Die-namics to diecut the numbers 2 and 1 once out of Silver Shine cardstock and 4 times out of white cardstock. I adhered the white outlines to each other and then to the blue solid numbers with liquid adhesive to create a shaker well. I filled the shaker wells with some tiny silver stars from my crafty stash. I adhered the acetate layer next to seal off the shaker. Lastly, I adhered the silver outline layer to the top of the acetate. 

I took a piece of white cardstock (4.75" x 6.75") and temporarily laid out my card design with the colored images and shaker numbers. I strategically stamped some confetti from the stamp set onto the background for a bit of subtle interest with Memento London Fog ink. 

I used the die from the from the Pop the Champagne Die-namics to diecut the burst out of the panel.


For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Essential Messages Stamp set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated Red Hot cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. I fussy cut the sentiment out with a pair of sharp scissors.

I adhered the colored images, sentiment and shaker numbers to the front panel with liquid adhesive. Finally, I adhered the panel to a piece of Cornflower cardstock (5" x 7") before adhering it to a white cardbase.


As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful day!

Hanh

Comments