MFT Stamps February Release Spotlight: Headed for the Stars & Essential Birthday Messages

 

Hello, Crafty Friends! Have you checked out the new MFT February Release? This awesome release just arrived yesterday. Be sure to visit the MFT Shop and blog for more details and inspirations. 

Sending Birthday Hugs! I have one more card to share with you from this wonderful release. It's a sweet birthday card featuring the new Headed for the Stars set. This fun set has several super cute critters taking flight. Of course, I couldn't pass up the chance to color up a balloon for this birthday card. I paired this cutie with a sentiment from the new Essential Birthday Messages.


I stamped the images from the Headed for the Stars set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. I used the coordinating Headed for the Stars Stamps & Dies Duo dies to cut them out.

COPIC COLORS
Rhino: W1/3/4/5, E40/41/43, R10
Balloon: RV10/21/13/14
Clouds: C0

For the background, I took a piece of white cardstock and trimmed it with the scallop die from the MFT Blueprints 27 Die-namics. I used tape to mask off the scalloped edges of the panel. created a cloudy background with the Cloud Stencil and some Spun Sugar and Kitsch Flamingo  Distress Oxide inks.

Once the ink was dried, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Essential Birthday Messages Stamp set directly onto the panel with MFT Extreme Black ink.

I adhered all of the colored images onto the panel with foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. I adhered the panel to a piece of Kraft cardstock before adhering it to a white cardbase (4.25" x 5.5"). I finished the card by adhering a few sparkling clear sequins. 


Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for more info and inspirations. 

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card and tag. I'll be back tomorrow to share more from this absolutely amazing release. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have an amazing and crafty day!

Hanh

Comments