MFT Stamps May Release Countdown: Pure Innocence Pearl of a Friend

 

Hello, Crafty Friends! I'm back with another sneak peek to share with you from the MFT May Release Countdown! Guess what? The May Release will be available tomorrow, Tuesday, May 28 at 10:00 am EDT.

Let's Shell-ebrate Your Birthday! I have a sweet mermaid-themed birthday card to share with you featuring this adorable image from the new Pure Innocence Pearl of a Friend set. Just perfect for all of the mermaid and ocean themed cards.


I stamped the image from the PI Pearl of a Friend stamp set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento London Fog ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. I used the coordinating dies from the PI Pearl of a Friend Die-namics to cut it out.

COPIC COLORS:
Skin: E000/00/21/11/93
Hair: E30/31/33/35/37
Teal: G0000 BG10/11/13/49
Purple Tail: V01/12/04/05/06/09
Shell: G0000 BG10/11 BV0000 V01/04


For the background, I took a piece of Bristol Smooth card stock (4.25" x 5.5") and masked off the top portion of the panel and lightly ink blended the background with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide inks. Then I masked off the bottom portion of the panel and ink blended the top portion with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks. I added some dots to the sand with a Copic marker (E33) and a white gel pen for a bit of interest.

For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the set directly onto the panel with MFT Extreme Black ink. 

I took a piece of white cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") and diecut a window in the center with the largest die from the Fanciful Frame STAX Die-namics. I added foam tape to the back of the panel before adhering it to the top of the inked panel.

I adhered the colored image to the panel with foam tape for dimension and interest. Finally, I adhered the panel to a white cardbase (4.25" x 5.5") and finished the card with a few sparkling clear confetti sequins. 


The May Release will be available on Tuesday, May 28 at 10:00 am EDT. For more ideas and inspiration, please visit the MFT Blog and the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. I'll be back tomorrow to share more from this absolutely amazing release. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a mermazing day!

Hanh

Comments