Purple Onion Designs: Chilliezgraphy by Pei - Flappy Watermelon Chill

 

Hello, Crafty Friends! Time to Relax! I have a fun rocker card to share with you today featuring the absolutely adorable Flappy Watermelon Chill from the latest Purple Onion Designs Tofu & Friends Summer Fun Collection. Is this not the sweetest image?! I love the fun nature of this image and the sweetest happy expression on Flappy's face. I knew that I had to create a fun card design to match. 

I am completely in love with all of these super cute and beautiful illustrations by Chilliezgraphy by Pei. Be sure to visit Purple Onion Designs for more info and inspirations from the recent Summer Release.


I stamped the Flappy Watermelon Chill image onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. Next, I fussy cut the images out with a sharp pair of scissors. 

COPIC COLORS:

Dog: E51/53/33/35, E25/27/29

Scarf: YG01/03/17

Watermelon: R20/22/24/27/29, YG00/01/03/17, E27/29


For the rocker card, I used the second and third largest dies from the MFT A2 Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics to diecut one large circle out of a green cardstock and one smaller half circle out of white cardstock.  To create the cardbase, I scored and folded the green large circle in half. 

 

For the sentiment, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Friendly Warm Wishes Sentiment Set onto the bottom of the small white half circle. I adhered the half circle to the cardbase. Finally, I adhered the colored images to the front panel. 


NOTE: I hope this has inspired you to create your own rocker card. You can easily replicate this card with any circle die sets that you may have in your stash. For this card, I used the 4.5" and 5" circle dies. I love that the final card measures 3.5" x 5" when folded and fits nicely into an A2 sized envelope. 


Here is a quick video to show my rocker card in action.


As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my rocker card. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a relaxing day!

Hanh

Comments