Mama Elephant: Dashin Thru the Snow

 


Hello, Crafty Friends! I'm popping in to share a couple of Christmas cards that I made with these adorable images from the Mama Elephant Dashin Thru the Snow set. I had so much fun coloring these up last week in honor of Christmas in July. These are officially my first two Christmas cards of 2024!


'Tis the Season to be Merry! My first card features this pair that is just having too much fun sledding down the hill. Not only are these friends just the cutest thing but I LOVE that fun WEEEEEEEEEEE sentiment from the set.


I stamped the image from the Dashin Thru the Snow set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the image with Copic markers and accented with gel pens. I fussy cut out the image since I didn't have the coordinating die.

COPIC COLORS:
Penguin: W5/7, W00, Y38, R30
Bear: E40/81, R00/30
Sled: R24/29, C1


For the background, I took a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and used Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks to ink blend an ombre effect onto the background. Once the ink was dried, I added snow to the entire panel with a white gel pen.

I used the Hilly Hello die to diecut the hill out of another piece of white cardstock. Sorry, but I think this die has been retired. I used it and just lopped off the Hello letters. But you can use any curved edge die or freehand cut an edge with scissors.


For the sentiment, I partially stamped of one of the sentiments from the Holiday Messages stamp set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of anti-static treated black cardstock. I added white embossing powder before heat setting the embossing. The sentiment was then trimmed out with one of the dies from the Sentiment Strips die set. Sorry, I believe this die set is also retired, but you can trim the sentiment out with a paper trimmer as well. I adhered the sentiment strip to the panel with some foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. 

Next, I diecut the Merry Script die three times out of red cardstock. I layered and adhered them for a bit of dimension before adhering it to the panel with liquid adhesive.

I adhered the colored image to the panel with foam tape. Finally, I adhered the panel to a white card base (4.25" x 5.5").


Oh So Merry! For my second card, I used another absolutely adorable image from the same Dashin Thru the Snow set. This really is an amazing set. There are a total of five super cute images that can be used together or in separate scenes like I have here today. I kept the card designs clean and simple and used just one image on each of the card to give full attention to each of the incredibly adorable illustrations.  


I stamped, colored and fussy cut out the image from the Dashin Thru the Snow set in the same manner that I did for the first card.

COPIC COLORS:
Bear: E40/81, R00/30
Fox: YR21/24/27, W0, R00/30, R22
Bunny: E50/51/53, R00/30
Scarves: R22/24/29, C1
Sled: R24/29, C1


I created the background in the same manner as the first card with a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. But this time I added Black Soot to the Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks to ink blend an ombre effect onto the background. The black ink gave the sky a bit more of a dramatic look. I added the snow with a white gel pen and diecut the snowy hill in the same manner as above.

For the sentiment, I diecut the Oh So Merry die from The Penguin's Waddle die three times out of white cardstock. I layered and adhered them for a bit of dimension before adhering it to the panel with liquid adhesive.

I adhered the colored image to the panel with foam tape. Finally, I adhered the panel to a white card base (4.25" x 5.5").
  

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful and crafty day! ♥️

Hanh

Comments