Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Panda


Hello Crafty Friends! I am thrilled to be back to Guest Design for Sunny Studio Stamps. Today I am on the Sunny Studio Stamps Blog sharing a couple of fun birthday cards that I made with the adorable Big Panda set. I love this series of larger sized critters! They are so versatile and can be used individually as well as paired up with critters from other previously released sets.

Happy Birthday!  For my first card, I paired this super cute panda with the Gift Card Envelope set to create a complete birthday theme with card, present and all. 


I stamped the panda from the Big Panda Stamp set and the present from the Holiday Hugs Stamp set onto some Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used the coordinating Big Panda Dies and Holiday Hugs Dies to diecut them out. I love that these bears have a special die that allows you to diecut the arms to allow the her to hold a present. I colored them with Copic markers and accented with a white gel pen.

COPIC COLORS:
Panda: C00/0/1/3/5/7, R00/20
Present: RV10/21, C1, RV02/04/06/09


I used the Gift Card Envelope to diecut the envelope and a few flowers out of white, pink and teal cardstock. I assembled the envelope with liquid adhesive.The smaller die from the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies was used to diecut a little notecard to slip into the envelope. This was intended to be a frame die but I attached all of the parts onto a slightly smaller piece of paper in order to keep all of the parts together. I trimmed the bottom so that the notecard was just short enough to fit into the envelope. 

For the sentiment, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Big Bold Greetings Stamp set with a pink ink and diecut it out with the coordinating Big Bold Greetings Dies before adhering it onto the top of the notecard. 

The outer die of the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace Die was used to diecut a white panel. I adhered the envelope and bear and decorated the panel with some of the diecut flowers. Finally, I adhered the panel onto a piece of teal cardstock before adhering it to a white cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").

Happy BIrthday From All of Us! For my second card, I created a Polaroid-style selfie photo card featuring the adorable Big Panda and some of his bear friends from the Holiday Hugs and Panda Party sets. I thought that this would be a fun way to create a card from the whole family.


I stamped and colored the bears and accessories from the Big Panda Stamp, the Holiday Hugs Stamp and the Panda Party Stamp sets in the same manner as I did for the first card. The coordinating Big Panda Dies, Holiday Hugs Dies and Panda Party Dies were used to diecut them out. 

COPIC COLORS:
Brown Bear 1: E50/51/53/33/35, W5/7, R00/20
Pandas: C00/0/1/3/5/7, R00/20
Brown Bear 2: E50/51/53/33, E25/27/29, R00/20
Red: R22/24/29
Blue: B000/00/02/04

For the Polaroid-style frame, I took a piece of white cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") and used the third largest die from the Stitched Square Dies set to cut out the square opening. I pieced together the sentiment using the words from the Panda Party Stamps, Everyday Greetings Stamps and Inside Greetings - Holiday Stamps. The sentiment was stamped onto the frame with Versafine Onyx Black and Versafine Satin Red inks.

For the background, I took a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock (4.25" x 5.5") and lightly ink blended with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. I added a few dots with a Copic marker (B00) and a white gel pen to resemble confetti. I used the Polaroid frame to layout the colored images. Once I achieved the layout that I wanted, I adhered the colored images to the inked panel and trimmed off any of the excess parts hanging off the edges. 

I adhered the Polaroid frame to the front of the card before adhering the entire panel to a white cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").


As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards. Be sure to check out the Sunny Studio Stamps Shop for more info and ideas. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Hanh

Comments