Lunar New Year Challenge: MFT YUZU Darling Dragons Birthday


Hello Crafty Friends! This is Hanh. I am so excited to Guest Design and join the incredibly talented Design Team for this month's Lunar New Year Challenge


I have a sweet and simple dragon birthday card to share with you today featuring the MFT YUZU Darling Dragons. I simply adore this cute set from My Favorite Things, one of the wonderful sponsors that so generously donated to the Challenge this year, and beautifully illustrated by the amazing Yan Au


I stamped the images from the YUZU Darling Dragons stamp set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented with a white gel pen. I used the coordinating YUZU Darling Dragons Die-namics to cut them out.

COPIC COLORS
Dragon: YG01/005/09 G09/28, V000/01/12/15/17, W3
Flower: Y13, V01/12/15, YG03
Leaves: YG01/03
Rocks: C1/3


For the background, I took a piece of white card stock (4.25" x 5.5") and lightly ink blended a background with the Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. I trimmed it with the second largest die from the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2 Die-namicsI added some dots with a Copic marker (YG01) and a white gel pen for some interest.

For the sentiment, I stamped of one of the sentiments from the Birdie Brown Greetings Galore stamp set with Versamark Watermark ink and heat embossed with a White Detailed Embossing Powder onto a piece of black cardstock. I trimmed out the sentiment with a paper trimmer.  

I adhered the colored images and sentiment strip to the panel with liquid adhesive and foam tape for dimension and interest. Finally, I adhered a piece of craft foam to the back of the panel before adhering it to a white cardbase (4.25" x 5.5"). 


I hope you liked my  card and have been inspired to create a card for this month's Lunar New Year Challenge

If you are new to this Lunar New Year Challenge, the rules are simple. You must create a new Lunar New Year, Chinese New Year or a 2024 Dragon Birthday card and add the link to your post to the September Lunar New Year Challenge Link-up. You can enter as many times as you like until September 30, 2024 at 12:00 pm EDT. Four lucky winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries and announced at the start of next month's Challenge.

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful day!

Hanh

Comments