Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween


Hello Crafty Friends! I am excited to be back on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog today to share a slimline card and a pair of shaker tags featuring the Happy Howl-o-ween set from the latest release. These adorable pups are all dressed up and ready to head out to celebrate Halloween.


I stamped the images from the Happy Howl-o-ween Stamp set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used the coordinating Happy Howl-o-ween Dies to diecut them out. I colored with Copic markers and accented with a white gel pen.

COPIC COLORS:
Dogs: E51/53/33/99, C00/1, R00/20, R22, C5
Pumpkins: Y35/38 YR04/07, C5
Hat: C3/5/7/9, Y38 YR04/07
Bones: E81/41 W3


For the background, I took a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock (8.5" x 3.5"). I created a homemade 3" mask by diecutting a piece of masking paper with a 3" circle die. INSIDE TIP: for smaller masks such as this one, I use a full-adhesive Post-It sticky note to make my masks. I applied the mask to the center of the slimline panel to create a moon. I ink blended the background with Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress inks. Once the panel was dry, I splattered it with some Opaque White Copic ink that I slightly diluted with water. 

Next, I stamped one of the sentiments from the set with Versamark Watermark ink and heat embossed with some Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto a piece of black cardstock (8.5" x 1.25"). I used the grassy edge die from the Picket Fence Die set to trim the upper edge of the strip. I adhered the strip to the bottom edge of the panel.

I adhered the colored images before adhering the panel to a white cardbase (8.5' x 3.5").


I had a few colored images left so I decided to make some matching shaker tags for my card. i used the tag die with the window die attached from the Mini Mat & Tag 3 Die set to diecut 5 tags with the windows out of black cardstock, one solid tag (no window) out of clear acetate and one solid tag out of a patterned paper from the Polka Dot Parade Paper Pack for each tag. I stacked and adhered 4 black tags together with liquid adhesive. I added the clear acetate to the top before adhering the final layer of black tag. I added some of the colored bone images and sparkling clear sequins from my stash. I closed off the back with the layer of patterned paper tag. I repeated the same process for the second tag.

I stamped the sentiments from the same stamp set onto a 3/8" strip of white cardstock, trimmed it to the desired length and used a hole puncher to create the sentiment strip. I used some festive ribbon and twine to attach the strips to the tags. Finally, I adhered the colored images to the front of the tags.


I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card and tags. Be sure to check out the Sunny Studio Stamps Shop for more info and ideas. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Hanh

Comments