Sunny Studio Stamps: Fresh Lemons, Juicy Watermelon & Wild Cherry Dies


Hello Crafty Friends!  I am so excited to be back to Guest Design for Sunny Studio Stamps. I am on the Sunny Studio Stamps Blog today to showcase products from the Summer Release. I am loving all of the fresh fruits that are available for the summer and at Sunny Studio Stamps. I have a trifold and a couple of punny fruit-themed Thank You cards to share with you today. 

When Life Gives You Lemons ... Make Lemonade! My first card is a fun trifold card featuring the new Fresh Lemon Dies, Summer Jar Mug Dies, Big Panda Stamps, Big Panda Dies and Punny Fruit Greetings Stamps. I love all of the amazing embossed details on these dies!


I diecut the lemons, leaves and some flowers from the Fresh Lemon Dies and Strawberry Patch Dies out of Bristol Smooth and some colored cardstock. I ink blended the lemons with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide inks.



I stamped the panda from the Big Panda Stamps onto some Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock and used the coordinating Big Panda Dies to cut it out. I diecut the elements from Summer Jar Mug Dies out of the same white cardstock, some colored cardstock and a piece of patterned paper from the Polka-dot Parade Paper. I colored them with Copic markers and accented with a white gel pen. 


COPIC COLORS:
Panda: C00/0/1/3/5/7, R000/20
Mug: B0000/000
Lemonade: Y0000/000/11/13
Lemon Slices: Y11/13/08
Straw: B00/02



For the trifold cardbase, I took a piece of white cardstock (5.5" x 11"). I trimmed 3/8" (0.325") off of the long end and scored it at the 2.25" and 6.5" mark. I lightly ink blended a little Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide to the top edge of the two side segments for the sky. I folded at the score lines to create a card with two flaps. I trimmed and adhered a piece of patterned paper from Gingham Pastel Paper for my tablecloth to the bottom of the two flaps. I stamped the sentiment from the Punny Fruits Greetings Stamps onto the cardbase before adhering all of the colored and inked elements and clear sequins.


Thanks a Melon! For my second card, I have a sweet Thank You card featuring the new Juicy Watermelon Dies, Stitched Square DIes and the Scalloped Squares 1 Large Dies. I love this adorable die set! It comes with two different variations for the seeds. I chose my favorite, the heart-shaped seeds! I paired the watermelon slice with one of the super cute pandas from the Panda Party Stamps and a sentiment from the Punny Greetings Stamps set. 

I diecut the Juicy Watermelon Dies and the letters for MELON from the Chloe Alphabet Dies out of Bristol Smooth cardstock as some colored cardstock.I diecut two sets of the letters, layered and adhered them together for a bit of dimension and interest. I ink blended the edges with a bit of Candied Apple and Mowed Lawn Distress inks for some dimensions.


I stamped the panda from the Panda Party onto some Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock and used the coordinating Panda Party Dies to cut it out. I colored it with Copic markers and accented with a white gel pen. 

COPIC COLORS:
Panda: C00/0/1/3/5/7, R000/20


I used the Stitched Square Dies, Scalloped Squares 1 Large Dies and the Stitched Rectangle Dies to diecut the white and red squares and front panel. I stamped a sentiment from the Punny Greetings Stamps onto the front panel. I adhered the panda, watermelon and all of the letters onto the panel. The panel was adhered onto a piece of patterned paper from the Classic Gingham Paper before being adhered to a white A2 cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").


Thank You Cherry Much! For my third card, I created another Thank You card this time featuring the new Wild Cherry Dies. I really love all of the details on these fruit dies. There are embossed veins on the leaves and stipples on the lemons. And in this Wild Cherry Dies set, there is an awesome little diecut to add a fleck of light or shine onto the cherries. I love it! So much more prominent than my white gel pen.

I diecut the Wild Cherry Dies out of colored cardstock. I ink blended the edges with a bit of Candied Apple and Mowed Lawn Distress inks for some dimensions. I diecut the CHERRY from the Chloe Alphabet Dies out of black cardstock. I stamped and white heat embossed a sentiment from the Punny Greetings Stamps onto black cardstock. 

The cherries and letters were adhered to a white panel diecut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies. I added a piece of black cardstock behind the panel, then some craft foam before adhering the panel to a piece of patterned paper from Poika-dot Parade. The panel was adhered to a white A2 cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").


As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my cards. Be sure to check out the Sunny Studio Stamps Shop for more info and inspirations. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Hanh

Comments